The humble cauliflower comes out of its shell in this salad when paired with our sharp and flavoursome blue cheese and cider dressing. You’ll get a wonderful salty hit from the crispy bacon and crunchy cashews, and a good dose of healthiness from the baby kale.
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 large handful salted cashews
4 rashers streaky bacon (smoked or unsmoked, whichever you prefer)
60g baby kale
Lashings of mild english blue cheese and cider dressing
Method (Serves 2)
1. Pre heat your oven to Gas Mark 8/230C.
2. Toss the cauliflower in olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper in a medium sized roasting dish, and roast in the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Add the cashews, give everything a stir to avoid sticking and roast for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is starting to turn a nice golden brown colour.
4. Meanwhile, fry or grill the bacon rashers until nice and crispy. Allow to cool on a paper towel (to soak up any excess fat) and then slice into crunchy 1cm strips.
5. Wash and dry the baby kale then divide between two plates, do the same with the cauliflower and cashews then scatter the bacon bits over the whole dish.
6. Finally, drizzle with plenty of blue cheese and cider dressing!